Skip to main content

Fetching up a friend in Changi Airport

While I was waiting to meet with Desmond, a call just came in. It is form one of my close friends Soe Wai Linn. He said Aung Win Tun, A-Phoo-Gyi is his nick name, means the old man in Burmese, is arriving with this afternoon flight. So I questioned for more information about the old man’s flight schedule, the departure time, flight number, etc. However SWL can only estimate the flight time and he assured that is a direct flight from Yangon. So I surfed internet and checked the arrivals flight from Yangon.

Airline

Flight Number

Arrival Time

Terminal

Belt

SILK AIR

MI511

14:03

T2

32

SING AIR

SQ5011

14:03

T2

32

Jet Star

3K586

14:44

T1

16

MAI

8M6232

14:44

T1

16

As you can perceive, I came out the office round about 13:30 with sick leave. Just after I passed through the site compound, a thought came into my mind. It would be very nice for the old man if I wait him and pick him up at the air-port. Again, SWL is ready to provide an accommodation for him. This was one of the reasons that he called me earlier. So I set up my mind to go and fetch him suspending to go the clinic until the evening. Both of us are pretty positive that the old man would be arriving either of Jet Star or MAI.

As other habitants of Singapore, I went to Changi airport by the city train, MRT. I could make it the appointed spot at 14:44 the very moment of the plane touched the ground. I waited 2 hours at the spot but none like him came out from the door. Knowing that something wasn’t right, I started making inquires. I called to immigration but I got busy signals. About 17:00, I decided to go back home to have some rest and consult the doctor for my illness.

Just a few second before I enter my key to enter my home, SWL informed me that he got a phone call from the old man who was recently hosted by immigration officers in a special room because he is Mas Selamat look alike. I really do have no idea about why these guys are treating this way to the tourists. Of course, he has a beard with a few hairs but he doesn’t really look a like the escape convict. I can guess it must be the hell of experience for my dear friend. To be optimist, we got my friend in one piece and he was deported or black listed. It will be a story of a life time to tell in between our friends.

I promise that I’ll post his photo on my blog comparing with you know who.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIM (Building Information Modeling) မိတ်ဆက်

အခုအချိန်တွင် BIM ဆိုတဲ့ စကားလုံးကို ဆောက်လုပ်ရေးလောကမှာ အတော်များများ ပြောသံဆိုသံတွေ ကြားလာကြတယ်။ ဒါကြောင့် BIM ဘာကြီးမှန်း သိဖို့နဲ့ ဘယ်သူတွေက ဘယ်ကိစ္စတွေမှာ သုံးနေတယ် သုံးကြတယ် ဆိုတာကို အတိအကျသိဖို့ လိုပါလိမ့်မယ်။ တစ်ချို့က BIM သည် software တစ်မျိုးလို့ပြောတယ်။ တစ်ချို့က BIM သည် အဆောက်အဦးတွေရဲ့ 3D model လို့ဆိုကြပြန်တယ်။ တစ်ခြားလူတွေက BIM ဆိုတာ အဆောက်အဦးနဲ့ ပတ်သက်တဲ့ အချက်အလက်တွေ အကုန်လုံးကို သေသေခြာစုဆောင်း ပေးနိုင်တဲ့ လုပ်ငန်းစဉ် တစ်ခုလို့ ရှုင်းပြကြပြန်တယ်။ တစ်ကယ်တော့ BIM ဆိုတာ ခုနကပြောခဲ့တဲ့ အကြောင်းအရာတွေ အကုန်လုံးထက် အများကြီးကိုပိုသ ပြီးလုပ်ဆောင်ပေးနိုင် ပါသေးတယ်။  သာမန်လူတစ်​ေယာက်၊ ဆောက်လုပ်ရေးလောက ပြင်ပကလူတစ်ယောက် နားလည်အောင် ရှင်းပြရရင် BIM ဆိုတာဖြစ်လာဖို့ အတွက် digital 3D model ကို စပြီးတည်ဆောက်ရတယ်။ အဲဒီ model က သာမန် 3D model ထက်ပိုပြီး အခက်အလက်တွေကို ထည့်သွင်း ဖေါ်ပြတယ်။ ဆိုကြပါစို့ လှပပြီး စိတ်ဝင်စား စရာကောင်းတဲ့ နံရံတွေရဲ့ ဆေးရောင်တွေ၊ texture တွေ ကိုတစ်ပါတည်း ထည့်သွင်းဖေါ်ပြလို့ရပါတယ်။ BIM model တစ်ခု ဖြစ်လာဖို့ဆိုရင် တစ်ကယ့်အဆောက်အဦးမှာ ပါတယ့် စိတ်အပိုင်းတွေ အကုန်က

Living in Singapore: Promenade (1)

Standing in front of the Ministry of Development Master Plan of Marina Bay and I This is the Ariel photo of the island state, Singapore and this is where I live This is my apartment block Joint the parade TZO at China Town Singapore China Town Preserved area