Skip to main content

Living in Singapore: Accommodation

This is a post interrupted. It intended to blog this after finishing up all the Malaysia Trip posts. In reality, I couldn’t wait that long. As everybody knows that I post 1 post per month. That means it may take from 1 to 3 months to come this post.

This post is about how I live in Singapore. One of the Singapore Hottest Bloggers, XX once made this kind of post. She wrote about her bedroom and emphasized her wardrobe. To make it clear, I DO NOT imitate on her posts. I made this post because I just want to let my friends, colleagues, relatives, and family how I’m doing in Singapore.

I was landed to Singapore on 28th of November, 2007. At that time, Aunty Ei, my family best friend who is residing Singapore almost 20 years, arranged a room for me. I stayed there for three and a half months and then I move to a new place. I don’t want to shear what made me ran away from that room. The only one thing I want to shear you is that I had a rare experience in Singapore.

Consequently, I moved to a new place in the middle of the March, to be exact I move on 15th March. I paid the rent for the whole month for the former home which is SG$ 250 per month. Again, I put deposit for a month for a new rent. This is a custom in Singapore. Plus I had to pay SG$ 200 which is half month of the rent for the new lease.

To ease the over concerning of my love ones from abroad; they are always asking me about my accommodation. I’ll show you photos and the legends of the flat I’m living.

I’m living in a five-room flat which a flat with a living room, two bedrooms, one master bedroom and a kitchen. Of course, it has a laundry room and an extra restroom. Basically, you can say it is spacious for 3 of us, the landlord couple and me.


Blogger's Table

This is a study room for me. I use this table to write blogs or read newspapers in weekends. No-one in my home is using this table except me. I took is photo for my bedroom door. You can also see the kitchen, my private restroom, the laundry and a door of another bedroom. You can see that bedroom door in this picture which is closed all the time because nobody is sleeping in.

View from the Study

I took this photo while I’m sitting on the chair at the study . You can see the laundry more clearly from this picture. We wash our clothes and hang those in this room. In Singapore, it is rare to see a dryer in the laundry unlike other developed countries. I believe this is defined by these two factors. One is Singapore is located in tropic zone. Another thing is that we love to see only small numbers in electrical bill. I hope this makes the sense to you. From this picture, you can also find out a plastic bag full of plastic bags in the laundry. We never throw away at once. Plastic bags are used at least twice before we throw away. As we all knows that using recycles will definitely save the world.

View from the Kitchen

I left my bedroom door open before I took this photo. The one on your right is the master bedroom. You can see the living room partially at the left hand side of this photo. This is a view from the boat figurine which you had seen in the previous.


Looking towards the Entrance Door

I'm just fallen in love with the awesome lighting in this photo. Don’t you think this is splendid? You can see the entry door from this photo. I took it from the living room near the TV.


The Living Room

This is the living room. I watch the cable TV briefly in some evening. The right edge of the left sofa is my favorite spot. You can see the outside wall or my bedroom on the right of this photo.


Buddha Image in the Cupboard

You can see Buddha image on the shelf. It’s really nice to live together with a Buddhist couple. I took either of the pictures from my special spot for watching TV.


My bedroom

This is my bedroom. I haven’t put the curtain for the window. Anyway, it’s fine for me. I have natural curtains, the trees. I love the watch out side from this widow. I always make my bed need and tidy. I have a note book on my right had side of my bed to note down important thing. I love placing my mobile phone on it and set alarm. You can also find periodicals and a coin bag on my bed. Every evening, I save every changes comes with coins I save into that bag. On the left hand side under my bed, I have a waste bin, tissue paper box and some books that I’m recently reading. I have books on my right hand side under my bed. This is the reference section. You can find dictionaries, guide books, etc. The red basket contains the cloths to wash. May be in a few days, I’ll buy a table and chair into this room. I’m a bit choosy of buying furniture because I want to decorate my room with style but affordable furniture.


On my bed

You’ll see this view when you lay down on my bed. I surf internet or chat with my friends all over the lying on this bed. Even in this moment, I'm blogging on my bed and getting sleepy.


The Location of New Home (Please click this photo to see larger image)

New accommodation is quite close to Nyan Minn Aung’s house, Ko Hla Tin’s house and Aunty Ei’s house. I always walk to their home. Part of Jahor Baru (JB) can be seen from this photo. As I'm living near the Malaysian border, I go to JB every month.

The new home is 2 stations away from the former. It takes 7 minutes from Yishun to Admiralty station. As you see in the Satellite photo the new home is almost exactly in the Woodlands and Admiralty Stations. I alight From this photo, you can learn the location 'My Current Place' and 'My Fist Home in Singapore'. It is only 20 minutes walk from my previous home and Myat Thu Soe's house. I used to go to his place at Admiralty almost every evening I come back from work because the train comes from the South East to the North and my office is situated in the middle of Singapore.


The Satellite Map of Singapore (Please click this photo to see larger image)

The travel time to destination stations (Please click this photo to see larger image)

From the new home, it takes 22 minutes to reach Braddell Station and another one minute to reach Toa Payoh Station. Previously, I was working at the Site office of Singapore Islamic Hub (SIH) and at that time I used to alight at Braddell and waked to SIH. I was transferred to the site office of Bartley Christian Church (BCC) 3 weeks ago. Since that time I have alighted from Toa Pahyo Station and take bus number 23 to reach BCC. To sum up, it needs to give at least an hour and 34 minutes of my time for transportation. To clarify, every morning it takes10 minutes from home to the Admiralty Station, another 22 minutes train ride and 15 minutes of bus rides on condition that I don’t have to wait any bus or train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living in Singapore: Promenade (1)

Standing in front of the Ministry of Development Master Plan of Marina Bay and I This is the Ariel photo of the island state, Singapore and this is where I live This is my apartment block Joint the parade TZO at China Town Singapore China Town Preserved area

BIM (Building Information Modeling) မိတ်ဆက်

အခုအချိန်တွင် BIM ဆိုတဲ့ စကားလုံးကို ဆောက်လုပ်ရေးလောကမှာ အတော်များများ ပြောသံဆိုသံတွေ ကြားလာကြတယ်။ ဒါကြောင့် BIM ဘာကြီးမှန်း သိဖို့နဲ့ ဘယ်သူတွေက ဘယ်ကိစ္စတွေမှာ သုံးနေတယ် သုံးကြတယ် ဆိုတာကို အတိအကျသိဖို့ လိုပါလိမ့်မယ်။ တစ်ချို့က BIM သည် software တစ်မျိုးလို့ပြောတယ်။ တစ်ချို့က BIM သည် အဆောက်အဦးတွေရဲ့ 3D model လို့ဆိုကြပြန်တယ်။ တစ်ခြားလူတွေက BIM ဆိုတာ အဆောက်အဦးနဲ့ ပတ်သက်တဲ့ အချက်အလက်တွေ အကုန်လုံးကို သေသေခြာစုဆောင်း ပေးနိုင်တဲ့ လုပ်ငန်းစဉ် တစ်ခုလို့ ရှုင်းပြကြပြန်တယ်။ တစ်ကယ်တော့ BIM ဆိုတာ ခုနကပြောခဲ့တဲ့ အကြောင်းအရာတွေ အကုန်လုံးထက် အများကြီးကိုပိုသ ပြီးလုပ်ဆောင်ပေးနိုင် ပါသေးတယ်။  သာမန်လူတစ်​ေယာက်၊ ဆောက်လုပ်ရေးလောက ပြင်ပကလူတစ်ယောက် နားလည်အောင် ရှင်းပြရရင် BIM ဆိုတာဖြစ်လာဖို့ အတွက် digital 3D model ကို စပြီးတည်ဆောက်ရတယ်။ အဲဒီ model က သာမန် 3D model ထက်ပိုပြီး အခက်အလက်တွေကို ထည့်သွင်း ဖေါ်ပြတယ်။ ဆိုကြပါစို့ လှပပြီး စိတ်ဝင်စား စရာကောင်းတဲ့ နံရံတွေရဲ့ ဆေးရောင်တွေ၊ texture တွေ ကိုတစ်ပါတည်း ထည့်သွင်းဖေါ်ပြလို့ရပါတယ်။ BIM model တစ်ခု ဖြစ်လာဖို့ဆိုရင် တစ်ကယ့်အဆောက်အဦးမှာ ပါတယ့် စိတ်အပိုင်းတွေ အကုန်က